Hispanic American Biographies
Many of us are familiar with names like Desi Arnaz, Roberto Clemente, Jennifer Lopez and Andy Garcia - but the achievements of Hispanic Americans extend far beyond sports and entertainment. In every sector, in every profession, the creativity, talents and ingenuity of Hispanic people have contributed more to American power and progress than is commonly recognized.
Praised by the American Library Association as “inspirational and useful,” this ten volume student reference series chronicles the lives of Hispanic Americans who helped shape the history of the United States. I contributed thirteen biographical entries to the series as well as an in-depth article on Mexican-American religious practices. I learned a lot during the course of my research and was personally inspired by the life stories of the people I was assigned to write about. Due to a lack of available biographical information, I had the opportunity to interview two of my “subjects” in person - Max Navarro, co-founder of multi-million dollar firm Operational Technologies and Elena Riojas-Clark, a highly regarded bilingual educator, socio-cultural scholar and an editor of the Hispanic American series. Many months in the making, I am proud to have been part of an educational effort that celebrates the many achievements of Hispanic Americans.
Available on Amazon: Hispanic American Biographies
Biographical subjects listed in alphabetical order.
1. Oscar Casares - Critically acclaimed author
2. Ellen Riojas-Clark - Bilingual education expert and respected socio-cultural scholar
3. Lorenzo Homar - Influential graphic artist
4. Aliza Lifshitz - Celebrity physician, author, and radio/TV host
5. Felix Martinez - High-profile businessman and politician at the turn of the 20th Century
6. Victor Martinez - Celebrated author; first Latino to win National Book Award
7. Franco Mondini-Ruiz - Contemporary artist famous for “social sculpture” Infinito Botanica
8. Nestor Montoya - Journalist, political activist and politician who helped secure New Mexico’s statehood
9. Felix H. Morales - Entreprenuer and civic-leader
10. Max Navarro - Co-founder and former CEO of multi-million dollar firm, Operational Technologies
11. Jorge Perez - Florida based developer and real estate mogul
12. Bebe Rebozo - Shrewd financier best known as Richard Nixon’s close companion and financial advisor
13. Joseph A. Unanue - Former Chairman and CEO of Goya Foods
To read an article, click on one of the thumbnails below: